Forum

I saw this simple little list (below) online and decided to take time to fill in the blanks. I am the type of person that doesn't really make a big deal out of New Year's Resolutions really. Mostly because I treat each day like a fresh start. But for some reason I am really excited about this new beginning! I feel free. I feel able. There is so much I'd like to accomplish. Don't get me wrong..I struggle with this and that, for sure! The thing is, I am really trying to watch my thoughts and NOT dwell on things that weigh me down. I believe our thoughts create our realities. We manifest that which we dwell upon. So I am keeping on the sunny side the best I can! 

Please feel free to state any of your goals in the comment section. I will too :) 

You can copy and paste the following:

A bad habit I am going to break:

A new skill I'd like to learn:

A person I hope to be more like:

A good deed I am going to do:

A place I'd like to visit:

A book I'd like to read:

A letter I am going to write:

A new food I'd like to try:

I'm going to do better at:

You need to be a member of Gritty Arts Studio to add comments!

Join Gritty Arts Studio

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• A bad habit I am going to break: Not breaking bad habits

A new skill I'd like to learn: Crocheting

A person I hope to be more like: My better self

A good deed I am going to do: Give away one of my dollies that I really love.

A place I'd like to visit: Paris

A book I'd like to read: A Carpet of Purple Flowers by Mccartney, Tracey-anne

A letter I am going to write: Capital P

A new food I'd like to try: Massaman curry

I'm going to do better at: Anything

• Awesome! I could tell you were a character from your first answer...:)

• Hi Jane:  Happy New Year!  

I can see that once I write it all down, here..all I need to do now, is just do it...try to begin to do everything on my list! Your list is a way for me to see it clearly what I realy want to accomplish.

A bad habit I am go to break: Limit my time on computer with emails, facebook, pinterest. Using social media really zaps my time, then, I lose precious hours that I could be painting..(or cleaning, exercising, & other things). 

A new skill I'd like to learn: is putting myself and my artwork out where people can see it, buy it and enjoy it. I want to learn how to sell a painting on ebay. (list it, set a starting price/bidding price, and how to do that and ship it to the buyer.) Any advice?

A person I hope to be more like: You, Jane, because you are always starting a new painting, you finish it and sell it...I need to build an audience, hopefully they'd love the painting & to be able to sell it. 

A good deed I am going to do: Continue to donate to The Humane Society and the ASPCA. 

A place I'd like to visit: Europe... Italy, France, Germany.. I am also interested in Cuba. 

A book I'd like to read: Probably another art book..my favorite!

A letter I am going to write: .. to my daughter. She is married and about to have her third baby in Feb. 2017

A new food I'd like to try: Maybe not a new food...I would like to begin eating more healthy in 2017.

I'm going to do better at: Finding an outlet (& an audience) to sell my paintings..whether it be online, a gallery, ebay, or website. I do get alot of orders for Pet Portraits, around the holidays, from FB, but I'd like for it to continue thoughout the year. I do have an Etsy shop, maybe I'll give that a try again...

***I want to choose to eat healthy, do yoga, meditate, enjoy the outdoors, try new recipes, go out & have fun with friends, be a good friend & wife, love my husband, travel, visit my son & daughter & their loved ones, love & play with my two Bichon Frise pups, take nice warm, sunny, walks on the beach and continue to be grateful & thankful for all I do have.

• fabulous intentions! Thank you for participating in the discussion. I hear your cries for direction and instruction on how to self-promote. Funny thing is, we just got done with a house meeting here in Seattle (I live with a bunch of artists now) and we are going to start having monthly meetings to network about such things. I will be passing along what I know here and at the house meetings. Let me think about it a bit and maybe I will start a How To Self Promote Group here or something....

• Sounds great, Jane..I'll look forward to it. We all just need a little shove and sometimes ideas of where to go and what to do.  It's awesome you are there for us, you listen and are helpful and I am grateful!!! The group would be such a good idea.  Thank you, Joan

• Happy New Year to you, Jane!

It's been a gruelling Christmas and New Year here, so cleaning the slate for 2017 definitely has my attention and I'm jumping in to complete this list:

A bad habit I am going to break: Eating too-big portions.

A new skill I'd like to learn: Free-machine embroidery. 

A person I hope to be more like: A lady who goes to my gym-for-old-crocks because I love her attitude (she calls her menopausal hot flushes "power surges").

A good deed I am going to do: Crochet more kitty blankets for my local Cats Protection rescue shelter.

A place I'd like to visit: My doctor - to get stuff sorted that I've been putting off.

A book I'd like to read: "The Lady in The Van" by Alan Bennett.

A letter I am going to write: Not a letter but hopefully a new blog - one where I chat about stuff and don't then come back and delete it a few weeks later!

A new food I'd like to try: Not so much a new food, as getting into better habits with preparing meals and filling the freezer with healthy portions as back-up for poorly days.

I'm going to do better at: Spending more time with the elderly feline gent who lives in my garage. Getting into a proper mini yoga practice at home - I want to learn to do really good Sun Salutations. (I follow Adrienne on YT too; she's fab.)

• Thanks for your reply!! I loved reading your answers :) 

• A bad habit I am going to break: putting myself down

A new skill I'd like to learn: tantric love making

A person I hope to be more like: Annie Grace 

A good deed I am going to do: help someone improve their living space

A place I'd like to visit: women's prison

A book I'd like to read: idk..poetry in general

A letter I am going to write: to my daughter

A new food I'd like to try: idk

I'm going to do better at: loving myself

• A women's prison just to see, or to maybe teach an art class to inmates?

This reply was deleted.